The Benefits of Cavity Wall Insulation
Cavity walls insulation is one of the most cost effective ways to save energy and money in your home.
Around 35% all the heat lost in an un-insulated home is through the Cavity walls. 90% of homes have now had it installed.
If you are one of the final 10 % who are thinking about having it done, read on.
What are Cavity Walls
Houses built from the 1930s onwards usually have a 1 -3 inch cavity in between the outside and inside wall.
Walls were built this way to stop damp from penetrating the house so that any moisture penetration would drop into the cavity harmlessly.
You can easily tell if your home has cavity walls by measuring their width by the windows or doors. A solid wall will measure below 260 mm and a cavity wall is usually around 300 mm.
Here are 5 benefits of Cavity Wall Insulation Grants
1. You can save up to £300 a year on your energy bills.
2. You will improve your home energy efficiency rating making your house more attractive to home buyers
3. Your Home will get warm more quickly and keep the heat in for longer.
4. Your home will be a lot cooler in the summer as the insulation helps to stop heat entering the house.
5. You will reduce your carbon footprint with more efficient fuel consumption
There are grants still available for cavity wall insulation under The Government ECO Scheme.
If you would like to see if your property can apply for this,